Request inspection copy
Lecturers may request a copy of this title for inspection
The digital economy encompasses more than half the world, and in today's business market, those with a technology background have an advantage. This textbook provides students who already have digital expertise with a solid foundation in business and entrepreneurship in order to launch and run a business. Using a logical, objective-based structure, the book guides students to a comprehensive and practical understanding of innovation and entrepreneurship. Chapters progress through the steps in creating a successful digital business: framing the business, promotion and sales, delivery and operations, value capture, growth and scalability, intellectual property and protection, and leadership and structure. Features include: learning objectives, introductions, conclusions, tables and figures, highlighted key terms, and analysis and design exercises in each chapter; a wide range of real-world examples; a rolling case study of a hypothetical digital business that models the concepts covered in each chapter; appendices of business terms, including those relating to product licensing, customer service agreements and customer delivery contracts; and key terms explained throughout. Supplementary online resources include a test bank, lecture slides and a teaching guide for instructors, and a business design template for student use.Read more
- Aimed at science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) students and budding entrepreneurs in the digital economy, this book walks readers through the steps of designing a business, using examples and case studies of current digital businesses
- Includes an abundance of figures and tables to clearly present business and entrepreneurship in a manner that students can easily understand and reproduce in their own projects
- Contains a rolling case study of a hypothetical business that grows and evolves through each chapter with the addition of each new aspect of business design
- Includes three appendices of business terms, including those relating to product licencing, customer service agreements and customer delivery contracts
21st Feb 2019 by ALLIEDINFORMATICS
Perfect material for Entrepreuership..Innovative ideas overall a great book would recommend to buy..
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: July 2018
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108454940
- length: 476 pages
- dimensions: 245 x 175 x 22 mm
- weight: 0.95kg
- contains: 61 b/w illus. 22 tables
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
1. About innovation and entrepreneurship
2. Framing the business
3. Promotion and sales
4. Delivery and operations
5. Value capture
6. Growth and scalability
7. Intellectual property and protection
8. Leadership and structure
9. Key themes and summary points
Appendix A. Principal terms of product licensing agreements
Appendix B. Principal terms of customer service agreements
Appendix C. Principal terms of customer delivery contracts
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked