- Author: Hannes Vogel, Stanford University School of Medicine, California
Nervous System is the new atlas-oriented resource in central nervous system pathology. As the fourth book in the Cambridge Illustrated Surgical Pathology series it is the most comprehensive text of methods utilized by pathologists to accurately diagnose diseases affecting the brain, meninges, and spinal cord. The book is a richly illustrated guide to surgical neuropathology, including all primary brain tumors as well as others arising near the nervous system that are also within the scope of neurosurgical practice. Numerous neuroimaging examples are provided to underscore the importance of knowing the basics of radiographic studies in accurately diagnosing CNS pathology. A complete spectrum of nonneoplastic neuropathological entities is also illustrated, including infectious, inflammatory, and epilepsy-related neuropathology. Additional chapters address intraoperative consultation and frozen sections, as well as CSF cytopathology.
Reviews & endorsements
'The text is clear and to the point, and is well leavened with practical advice … consistent flow and tone … the importance of patient age is emphasised throughout. This is a welcome feature … distinguished by the size and quality of the illustrations and the diagnostic expertise of the author. The lucid accompanying text is clear but concise, and will provide a practical brief introduction to the various lesions represented. The sections on epilepsy and cerebrospinal fluid cytology are particularly unique and helpful.' Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 2009
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511577352
- contains: 99 b/w illus. 495 colour illus. 2 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Normal anatomy and histology of the CNS
2. Intraoperative consultation
3. Tumors Hans Vogel, Jason Karamchandani, Mohanpal Dulai, Gregory Moes and Josef Zamecnik
4. Vascular and hemorrhagic lesions
5. Infections of the CNS
6. Inflammatory diseases
7. Surgical neuropathology of epilepsy Josef Zamecnik and Hannes Vogel.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×