Arithmetic Optimization Techniques for Hardware and Software Design
- Ryan Kastner, University of California, San Diego
- Anup Hosangadi, Cadence Design Systems Inc.
- Farzan Fallah, Stanford University, California
Obtain better system performance, lower energy consumption, and avoid hand-coding arithmetic functions with this concise guide to automated optimization techniques for hardware and software design. High-level compiler optimizations and high-speed architectures for implementing FIR filters are covered, which can improve performance in communications, signal processing, computer graphics, and cryptography. Clearly explained algorithms and illustrative examples throughout make it easy to understand the techniques and write software for their implementation. Background information on the synthesis of arithmetic expressions and computer arithmetic is also included, making the book ideal for newcomers to the subject. This is an invaluable resource for researchers, professionals, and graduate students working in system level design and automation, compilers, and VLSI CAD.Read more
- Provides automated techniques for optimizing arithmetic expressions so designers can avoid coding the functions by hand
- Includes background information on the synthesis of arithmetic expressions and computer arithmetic, making the book ideal for newcomers to the subject
- Clearly explained algorithms and illustrative examples make it easy to understand and implement the techniques
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2010
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511718083
- contains: 13 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. Use of polynomial expressions and linear systems
3. Software compilation
4. Hardware synthesis
5. Fundamentals of digital arithmetic
6. Polynomial expressions
7. Linear systems.
Sorry, this resource is locked