The Divine Attributes
- Author: T. J. Mawson, University of Oxford
The Divine Attributes explores the traditional theistic concept of God as the most perfect being possible, discussing the main divine attributes which flow from this understanding - personhood, transcendence, immanence, omnipresence, omniscience, omnipotence, perfect goodness, unity, simplicity and necessity. It argues that the atemporalist's conception of God is to be preferred over the temporalist's on the grounds of perfect being theology, but that, if it were to be the case that the temporal God existed, rather than the atemporal God, He'd still be 'perfect enough' to count as the God of Theism.Read more
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2018
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108580816
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Introduction: perfect being theology
1. A transcendent, immanent, eternal person
2. An omniscient, omnipotent, perfectly good person
3. A unitary, simple, necessary person.
Sorry, this resource is locked