With this fully updated second edition, readers will gain a detailed understanding of the physics and applications of modern X-ray and EUV radiation sources. Taking into account the most recent improvements in capabilities, coverage is expanded to include new chapters on free electron lasers (FELs), laser high harmonic generation (HHG), X-ray and EUV optics, and nanoscale imaging; a completely revised chapter on spatial and temporal coherence; and extensive discussion of the generation and applications of femtosecond and attosecond techniques. Readers will be guided step by step through the mathematics of each topic, with over 300 figures, 50 reference tables and 600 equations enabling easy understanding of key concepts. Homework problems, a solutions manual for instructors, and links to YouTube lectures accompany the book online. This is the 'go-to' guide for graduate students, researchers and industry practitioners interested in X-ray and EUV interaction with matter.Read more
- Contains 40% new material, including completely new chapters on free electron lasers, laser high harmonic generation, X-ray and EUV optics, and nanoscale imaging
- Richly illustrated with over 300 figures, 50 reference tables and 600 numbered equations
- Homework problems, a solutions manual for instructors, and links to YouTube lectures accompany the book online
Reviews & endorsements
'A very clear, comprehensive and updated presentation of the basic physical properties and applications of XUV and X-ray radiation. I highly recommend the book for graduate students and anyone working in this fast growing field of research.' Claudio Pellegrini, University of California, Los Angeles, SLAC
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: February 2017
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107062894
- length: 652 pages
- dimensions: 255 x 176 x 30 mm
- weight: 1.37kg
- contains: 278 colour illus. 8 tables
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Radiation and scattering at EUV and X-ray wavelengths
3. Wave propagation and refractive index at X-ray and EUV wavelengths
4. Coherence at short wavelengths
5. Synchrotron radiation
6. X-ray and EUV free electron lasers
7. Laser high harmonic generation
8. Physics of hot dense plasmas
9. Extreme ultraviolet and soft X-ray lasers
10. X-ray and extreme ultraviolet optics
11. X-ray and EUV imaging.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this resource is locked