First published in 1968, this volume of Persian language texts is intended to accompany the author's Modern Persian Prose Literature (Cambridge, 1966). It contains representative passages from the works of major Persian writers, which are taken from the hundred years preceding the original publication date. Sections are organised by author and are prefaced by a brief account of the life and writings. There is also a glossary at the end of text containing the meanings of more difficult words and providing contextual information to aid the reader's understanding. This accessible collection will be of value to students of the Persian language and anyone with an interest in untranslated Persian literature.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521169172
- length: 258 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 140 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.33kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Mīrzā Malkom Khān: The Oracular Notebook
2. 'Abdul-Rahīm Najjārzāda (Tālibuff): Ahmad's Book
3. Hājj Zaynu'l-Ābidīn Marāgha'ī: The Travel Diary of Ibrahim Beg
4. Mīrzā Habīb Isfahānī: The Adventures of Hajji Bab of Ispahan
5. 'Alī Akbar Dihkhudā: 'Charand Parand' ('Balderdash')
6. Murtazā Mushfiq Kāzimī: The Horrors of Tehran
7. Jahāngīr Jalīlī: I have Cried A Well
8. Muhammad Mas'ūd: Night Diversions and Flowers that Grow in Hell
9. 'Alī Dashtī: Prison Days, Fitna and A Portrait of Hafiz
10. Muhammad Hijāzī: 'The Biography of a Great Philosopher' and 'Love's Nest'
11. Muhammad 'Alī Jamālzāda: 'Everyman to his Deserts'
12. Sādiq Hidāyat: 'Hājjī Mūrad', 'The Patient Stone' and The Message of Kafka
13. Buzurg 'Alavī: 'The Lead Soldier' and Her Eyes
14. Jalāl Āl-i Ahmad: 'Mobilizing the People' and The Headmaster
15. Sādiq Chūbak: 'Monsieur Ilyas' and Native of Tangistan
16. Muhammad I'timādzāda (Bih Āzīn): 'The Spring and the Sea'
17. Taqī Mudarrisī: Yakulya and her Loneliness
18. 'Alī Muhammad Afghānī: Mrs Ahu's Husband
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in