Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an evaluation copy?
This title is not currently available for evaluation. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an evaluation copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Modern Criminal Law of Australia is a comprehensive guide to interpreting and understanding every statutory offence provision in every Australian jurisdiction. The text takes a unique approach to explaining Australian criminal law, emphasising the importance of statutory interpretation, official discretion, element analysis and sentencing, in order to appreciate the meaning and effect of any offence provision. This book sets out the rules and skills needed to advise clients on the potential application of the criminal law throughout Australia. Its scope extends to both serious and minor regulatory regimes, as well as the entire contemporary breadth of the criminal law, ranging from pollution to public order, traffic to trafficking and domestic violence to work safety. It covers the common law, traditional code and model code systems, and includes detailed examples from all states. As such, this unique book provides students with the skills to practise law anywhere in Australia.Read more
- Students gain a deeper understanding of each legal system in Australia through comparisons and contrasts
- Provides students and modern practitioners with the skills and information to understand and advise clients about any of the thousands of criminal offences across Australia
- The book excerpts hundreds of statutory provisions together with detailed discussion of how to read them
Reviews & endorsements
'Modern Criminal Law of Australia is a gigantic undertaking … the breadth of Gans's task, the thoroughness of his research into statutory offences, his coverage of case law and statute and his intelligent discussion have produced an admirable, courageous, welcome and overdue addition to Australian criminal law literature.' Criminal Law Journal
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2012
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139368254
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Sorry, this resource is locked