Fundamentals of Linear Control
A Concise Approach
- Author: Maurício C. de Oliveira, University of California, San Diego
Taking a different approach from standard thousand-page reference-style control textbooks, Fundamentals of Linear Control provides a concise yet comprehensive introduction to the analysis and design of feedback control systems in fewer than 400 pages. The text focuses on classical methods for dynamic linear systems in the frequency domain. The treatment is, however, modern and the reader is kept aware of contemporary tools and techniques, such as state space methods and robust and nonlinear control. Featuring fully worked design examples, richly illustrated chapters, and an extensive set of homework problems and examples spanning across the text for gradual challenge and perspective, this textbook is an excellent choice for senior-level courses in systems and control or as a complementary reference in introductory graduate level courses. The text is designed to appeal to a broad audience of engineers and scientists interested in learning the main ideas behind feedback control theory.Read more
- Provides a comprehensive yet concise introduction to the analysis and design of feedback control systems, with the required content presented in less than 400 pages, versus the typical thousand-page standard control textbooks presently available
- Features fully worked examples and richly illustrated chapters, complemented by an extensive set of homework problems with activities in MATLAB®, allowing students to gain valuable hands-on experience by solving select problems which span across chapters
- Offers a complete teaching package on the companion website that include all MATLAB® scripts to generate all figures and tables in the book and a complete solutions manual
Reviews & endorsements
'Fundamentals of Linear Control addresses the essential elements in linear feedback control systems by theory and example. It serves the beginning student as a thorough, introductory text, and the practicing engineer as a useful and practical reference.' Mike Borrello, Principal Controls Engineer, Philips Healthcare
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316953464
- contains: 144 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Problem guide matrix
2. Dynamic system
3. Transfer-function models
4. Feedback analysis
5. State-space models and linearization
6. Controller design
7. Frequency domain
8. Performance and robustness
Solutions to problems.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to lecturers adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in