Social Media Mining
- Reza Zafarani, Arizona State University
- Mohammad Ali Abbasi, Arizona State University
- Huan Liu, Arizona State University
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The growth of social media over the last decade has revolutionized the way individuals interact and industries conduct business. Individuals produce data at an unprecedented rate by interacting, sharing, and consuming content through social media. Understanding and processing this new type of data to glean actionable patterns presents challenges and opportunities for interdisciplinary research, novel algorithms and tool development. Social Media Mining integrates social media, social network analysis, and data mining to provide a coherent platform to understand the basics and potentials of social media mining. It introduces the unique problems arising from social media data and presents fundamental concepts, emerging issues, and effective algorithms for network analysis and data mining. Suitable for use in advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate courses as well as professional short courses, the text contains exercises of different degrees of difficulty that improve understanding and help apply concepts, principles and methods for social media mining.Read more
- Basic yet rich concepts and algorithms from multidisciplinary fields such as social network analysis, social sciences, and data mining that are fundamental for mining social media
- Concise descriptions with numerous examples to illustrate how social media mining works
- Comprehensive coverage from social media essentials, core theories, and algorithms as well as real-world applications with supporting teaching materials such as lecture notes, slides, and solutions
Reviews & endorsements
'This is an exceptionally well-constructed book on social media that will be useful to academia and industry alike. The book covers the entire area of social network analysis in a comprehensive and understandable way.' Charu Aggarwal, IBM T. J. Watson Research CenterSee more reviews
'This is a delightful exploration of a multidisciplinary field in its simple and straightforward style. Social Media Mining introduces and connects underlying concepts with clarity and enables you to explore this amazing field further with confidence.' Philip Yu, University of Illinois, Chicago
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2014
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139898492
- contains: 109 b/w illus. 20 tables 107 exercises
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to social media mining
2. Graph essentials
3. Network measures
4. Network models
5. Data mining essentials
6. Community analysis
7. Information diffusion
8. Influence and homophily
9. Recommendation in social media
10. Behavior analytics.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this resource is locked