Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
One of the most distinctive features of Chinese culture is the great variety of unique festivals that has evolved over the course of China's long history. Chinese festivals are deeply rooted in popular tradition and despite China's many changes they remain firmly established as part of the country's vibrant culture. Chinese Festivals introduces a representative selection of these celebrated traditions with full color illustrations, providing a flavor of the diversity and development of traditional Chinese culture.Read more
- An accessible introduction to the diverse and vibrant culture of Chinese festivals
- Written by a Chinese expert whose work is not widely available outside of China
- Full color illustrations support the discussion throughout
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: August 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521186599
- length: 146 pages
- dimensions: 230 x 156 x 9 mm
- weight: 0.28kg
- contains: 105 colour illus. 1 table
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Traditional festivals
2. Statutory festivals
3. Festivals of the Chinese people
Appendix: chronological table of the Chinese dynasties.
Sorry, this resource is locked