Multiple copy pack
Looking for an evaluation copy?
This title is not currently available for evaluation. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an evaluation copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
David Brainerd (1718–1747) was a colonial American missionary to Native Americans made famous when Jonathan Edwards (1703–1758) posthumously edited his journal and other writings into a popular biographical narrative. Having spent time at Yale University, Brainerd entered the ministry in 1742 and dedicated his life to work amongst native peoples in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey before expiring at the age of 29. This 1902 edition of The Diary and Journal of David Brainerd provided readers with a broader picture of his life and the source material from which Edwards composed his narrative. Ultimately, the thoughts preserved in this two-volume set are an important resource for those interested in religion in America during the period known as the 'Great Awakening'.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2010
- format: Multiple copy pack
- isbn: 9781108014397
- dimensions: 325 x 250 x 68 mm
- weight: 1.2kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
Volume I: Introduction
Jonathan Edwards's Preface
The diary of David Brainerd:
1. From his birth, and during his preparation for the ministry
2. His experience and religious exercises until the time he was licensed to preach
3. From the time of his appointment to his entering on the work of the mission
4. From the time of his examination to his first entrance on the business of his mission
5. From his first beginning to instruct the Indians at Kaunaumeek to his ordination
6. His removal to Crossweeksung, where he had his most remarkable success
7. His return to Susquehanna, and last illness
8. The journey to Boston, and the circumstances of his death. Volume II: Preface
The journal of David Brainerd
The remains of David Brainerd.
Sorry, this resource is locked