Written by two specialists with over twenty-five years of experience in the field, this valuable text presents a wide range of topics within the growing field of nonequilibrium molecular dynamics (NEMD). It introduces theories which are fundamental to the field - namely, nonequilibrium statistical mechanics and nonequilibrium thermodynamics - and provides state-of-the-art algorithms and advice for designing reliable NEMD code, as well as examining applications for both atomic and molecular fluids. It discusses homogenous and inhomogenous flows and pays considerable attention to highly confined fluids, such as nanofluidics. In addition to statistical mechanics and thermodynamics, the book covers the themes of temperature and thermodynamic fluxes and their computation, the theory and algorithms for homogenous shear and elongational flows, response theory and its applications, heat and mass transport algorithms, applications in molecular rheology, highly confined fluids (nanofluidics), the phenomenon of slip and how to compute it from basic microscopic principles, and generalized hydrodynamics.Read more
- The only book on the topic that discusses fundamental theory, numerical algorithms, and illustrative applications of nonequilibrium molecular dynamics simulation (NEMD)
- Contains detailed discussion of many issues that are often not discussed in depth or are scattered through the research literature
- Includes illustrative computer simulations used to calculate relevant transport properties of fluids out of equilibrium
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2017
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521190091
- length: 367 pages
- dimensions: 260 x 182 x 24 mm
- weight: 0.84kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Nonequilibrium thermodynamics
3. Statistical mechanical foundations
4. Temperature and thermodynamic fluxes
5. Homogenous flows for atomic fluids - theory
6. Homogenous flows for atomic fluids - applications
7. Homogenous heat and mass transport
8. Homogenous flows for molecular fluids
9. Inhomogenous flows for atomic fluids
10. Confined molecular fluids
11. Generalised hydrodynamics and slip.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to lecturers adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this resource is locked