Eponyms and Names in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Author: Thomas F. Baskett, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Few specialties have a longer or richer eponymous background than obstetrics and gynaecology. Eponyms add a human side to an increasingly technical profession and represent the historic tradition and language of the speciality. This collection aims to perpetuate the names and contributions of pioneers and offer introductory profiles to the founders in whose steps we follow. This third edition includes 26 new entries, as well as expanded detail, illustration and quotation for existing entries. Biographical data and historical and medical context are discussed for each of the 391 names, with reference to 34 countries, reflecting the field's far reaching origins. More than 1700 original references feature, alongside an extensive bibliography of more than 2500 linked references to assist readers searching for more detailed information. This is a volume for physicians, midwives, medical historians, medical ethicists and all those interested in the history and evolution of obstetrical and gynaecological treatment.Read more
- Includes details of 391 eponyms and names from thirty-four countries, reflecting the speciality's far reaching origins
- Features more than 1700 original references and an extensive bibliography of more than 2500 linked references to provide further detail on specific topics and biographies
- A fully updated third edition, with twenty-six new entries and expanded detail, illustration and quotation for existing entries
Reviews & endorsements
'Eat your heart out, Wikipedia. This book is a masterpiece.' James Drife, The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: January 2019
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108389792
- contains: 410 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
About the author
A-Z of eponyms and names in obstetrics and gynaecology
Sorry, this resource is locked