Modern communications technology demands smaller, faster and more efficient circuits. This book reviews the fundamentals of electromagnetism in passive and active circuit elements, highlighting various effects and potential problems in designing a new circuit. The author begins with a review of the basics - the origin of resistance, capacitance, and inductance - then progresses to more advanced topics such as passive device design and layout, resonant circuits, impedance matching, high-speed switching circuits, and parasitic coupling and isolation techniques. Using examples and applications in RF and microwave systems, the author describes transmission lines, transformers, and distributed circuits. State-of-the-art developments in Si based broadband analog, RF, microwave, and mm-wave circuits are reviewed. With up-to-date results, techniques, practical examples, illustrations and worked examples, this book will be valuable to advanced undergraduate and graduate students of electrical engineering, and practitioners in the IC design industry. Further resources for this title are available at www.cambridge.org/9780521853507.Read more
- Combines electromagnetics and circuits, building on new circuit knowledge to teach classic material with a new focus, and bridging the gap between RF and microwave circuit theory
- Further resources, including exercises, solutions and lecture notes, are available online at www.cambridge.org/9780521853507
- Presents up-to-date results, techniques, applications and practical examples from the field, including measurement techniques, to allow the reader to gain real-world knowledge of electromagnetics
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2007
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521853507
- length: 464 pages
- dimensions: 254 x 179 x 26 mm
- weight: 1.07kg
- availability: Temporarily unavailable - available from TBC
Table of Contents
4. Ampère, Faraday and Maxwell
6. Passive deivce design and layout
7. Resonance and impedance matching
8. Small-signal high-speed amplifiers
9. Transmission lines
11. Distributed circuits
12. High-speed switching circuits
13. Magnetic and electrical coupling and isolation
14. Electromagnetic propagation and radiation
15. Microwave circuits.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked