Introduction to Optical and Optoelectronic Properties of Nanostructures
$84.00 ( ) USD
- Vladimir V. Mitin, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
- Viacheslav A. Kochelap, Lashkaryov Institute of Semiconductor Physics, Ukraine
- Mitra Dutta, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Michael A. Stroscio, University of Illinois, Chicago
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Get to grips with the fundamental optical and optoelectronic properties of nanostructures. This comprehensive guide makes a wide variety of modern topics accessible, and includes up-to-date material on the optical properties of monolayer crystals, plasmonics, nanophotonics, UV quantum well lasers, and wide bandgap materials and heterostructures. The unified, multidisciplinary approach makes it ideal for those in disciplines spanning nanoscience, physics, materials science, and optical, electrical and mechanical engineering. Building on work first presented in Quantum Heterostructures (Cambridge, 1999), this volume draws on years of research and teaching experience. Rigorous coverage of basic principles makes it an excellent resource for senior undergraduates, and detailed mathematical derivations illuminate concepts for graduate students, researchers and professional engineers. The examples with solutions included in the text and end-of-chapter problems allows the students to use this text to enhance their understanding.Read more
- Provides a unified treatment of fundamental principles
- Accessible to those in nanoscience, electrical engineering, physics, and materials science
- Covers up-to-date material and recent developments in optical and optoelectronic nanostructures
- Includes worked examples and end-of-chapter problems
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2019
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108605656
- contains: 243 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Some trends in optoelectronics
2. Materials for optoelectronic applications
3. Electrons in quantum structures
4. Light-semiconductor materials interaction
5. Optics of quantum structures
6. Electro-optics and nonlinear optics
7. Light emitting devices based on interband phototransitions in quantum structure
8. Devices based on intraband phototransitions in quantum structures and silicon optoelectronics.
Sorry, this resource is locked