Global Englishes for Language Teaching
$24.00 ( ) USD
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The spread of English as a global language has resulted in the emergence of a number of related fields of research within applied linguistics, including English as an International Language, English as a Lingua Franca, and World Englishes. Here, Heath Rose and Nicola Galloway consolidate this work by exploring how the global spread of English has impacted TESOL, uniting similar movements in second language acquisition, such as translanguaging and the multilingual turn. They build on a number of concrete proposals for change and innovation in English language teaching practice, whilst offering a detailed examination of how to incorporate a Global Englishes perspective into the multiple faces of TESOL, putting research-informed practice at the forefront. Global Englishes for Language Teaching is a ground-breaking attempt to unite discussions on the pedagogical implications of the global spread of English into a single text for researchers and practicing teachers.Read more
- Discusses the key teaching constructs from a global perspective
- Examines a wide range of recent research on the pedagogical implications of the growth of English as a global language
- Provides researchers with a roadmap for future teaching-related research in Global Englishes, World Englishes, English as a lingua franca and English as an international language
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2019
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781316730034
- contains: 8 b/w illus. 31 tables
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introducing Global Englishes for Language Teaching:
1. Global Englishes Language Teaching
2. The TESOL curriculum and GELT
3. Second language learning theory and GELT
4. Curriculum innovation and GELT
Part II. Researching Global Englishes for Language Teaching:
5. Research implications for GELT
6. Global Englishes and language teaching materials
7. Global Englishes and teacher education
8. Global Englishes and English Medium Instruction.
Sorry, this resource is locked