African Literature and the Politics of Location
- Author: Madhu Krishnan, University of Bristol
This Element explores the mechanisms through which 'African literature', as a market category, has been consecrated within the global literary field. Drawing on archival, textual and field-based research, it proposes that the normative story of African literary writing has functioned to efface a broader material history of African literary production located on and oriented to the continent itself.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: October 2018
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108636421
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Publishing Africa on a global scale
2. Contemporary canons
3. Alternative landscapes
Sorry, this resource is locked