Progress in Metamorphic and Magmatic Petrology
A Memorial Volume in Honour of D. S. Korzhinskiy
- Editor: L. L. Perchuk, Institute of Experimental Mineralogy, Moscow
Progress in Metamorphic and Magmatic Petrology comprises a collection of review articles summarising recent scientific achievements in the theory of petrology. The contributors include many prominent specialists in the field, such as A. Boettcher, A. Marakushev, I. Kushiro, B. Mysen, W. Schreyer, W. Ernst, E. Grew, P. Wyllie and E-an Zen. Their papers discuss developments in experimental work as well as in field geology. The book is divided into three main sections: section 1 covers general thermodynamics and mineral equilibria, section 2 covers metamorphic and metasomatic processes, and the final section covers the mantle and magmatic processes. The subjects covered include the general thermodynamics of geological processes, the thermodynamics of solid solutions, geothermometry and geobarometry, P-T-time paths, experimental and theoretical modelling of metasomatic processes, the genesis of anorthosites, island arc magmatic rocks and kimberlites, and the thermal areas around intrusive bodies. The book is dedicated to the memory of Professor D. S. Korzhinskiy, a founder of the theory of open systems with perfectly mobile components.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511877476
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Part I. Mineral Thermodynamics and Equilibria for Geothermobarometry: an introduction L. L. Perchuk:
1. Thermodynamic systems and factors of petrogenesis A. A. Marakushev
2. A new hydrous, high-pressure phase with a pumpellyite structure in the system MgO W. Schreyer, W. V. Maresch and T. Baller
3. Two-pyroxene thermometry, a critical evaluation V. I. Fonarev and A. A. Graphchikov
4. Derivation of a thermodynamically consistent set of geothermometers for metamorphic and magmatic rocks L. L. Perchuk
5. Vector representation of lithium and other mica composites D. M. Burt
6. Thermodynamics of some framework silicates and their equilibria: application to geothermobarometry L. L. Perchuk, K. K. Podlesskii and L. Ya. Aranovich
Part II. Macrokinetic Model of Origin and Development of a Monomineralic Bimetasomatic Zone V. N. Balashov and M. I. Lebedeva:
7. Experimental modelling of wall rock metasomatism V. A. Zhrikov and G. P. Zaraiskii
8. The paragenesis of serendibite at Johnsburg, New York, USA: an example of boron enrichment in the granulite facies E. S. Grew, M. G. Yates, G. H. Swihard, P. B. Moore and N. Marquez.
Sorry, this resource is locked