Electromagnetics for High-Speed Analog and Digital Communication Circuits
- Author: Ali M. Niknejad, University of California, Berkeley
Modern communications technology demands smaller, faster and more efficient circuits. This book reviews the fundamentals of electromagnetism in passive and active circuit elements, highlighting various effects and potential problems in designing a new circuit. The author begins with a review of the basics - the origin of resistance, capacitance, and inductance - then progresses to more advanced topics such as passive device design and layout, resonant circuits, impedance matching, high-speed switching circuits, and parasitic coupling and isolation techniques. Using examples and applications in RF and microwave systems, the author describes transmission lines, transformers, and distributed circuits. State-of-the-art developments in Si based broadband analog, RF, microwave, and mm-wave circuits are reviewed. With up-to-date results, techniques, practical examples, illustrations and worked examples, this book will be valuable to advanced undergraduate and graduate students of electrical engineering, and practitioners in the IC design industry. Further resources for this title are available at www.cambridge.org/9780521853507.Read more
- Combines electromagnetics and circuits, building on new circuit knowledge to teach classic material with a new focus, and bridging the gap between RF and microwave circuit theory
- Further resources, including exercises, solutions and lecture notes, are available online at www.cambridge.org/9780521853507
- Presents up-to-date results, techniques, applications and practical examples from the field, including measurement techniques, to allow the reader to gain real-world knowledge of electromagnetics
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2007
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511267338
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
4. Ampère, Faraday and Maxwell
6. Passive deivce design and layout
7. Resonance and impedance matching
8. Small-signal high-speed amplifiers
9. Transmission lines
11. Distributed circuits
12. High-speed switching circuits
13. Magnetic and electrical coupling and isolation
14. Electromagnetic propagation and radiation
15. Microwave circuits.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to lecturers adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×