This book provides a rigorous treatment of deterministic and random signals. It offers detailed information on topics including random signals, system modelling and system analysis. System analysis in frequency domain using Fourier transform and Laplace transform is explained with theory and numerical problems. The advanced techniques used for signal processing, especially for speech and image processing, are discussed. The properties of continuous time and discrete time signals are explained with a number of numerical problems. The physical significance of different properties is explained using real-life examples. To aid understanding, concept check questions, review questions, a summary of important concepts, and frequently asked questions are included. MATLAB programs, with output plots and simulation examples, are provided for each concept. Students can execute these simulations and verify the outputs.Read more
- Offers detailed treatment of deterministic and random signals, and Fourier transform, Laplace transform and Z transform
- Covers important topics such as system modelling, system analysis and spectral density, as well as advanced techniques for speech and image processing
- MATLAB programs with output plots and simulation examples are provided
- Includes solved examples, exercises and review questions at the end of each chapter
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: May 2016
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107146242
- length: 781 pages
- dimensions: 252 x 190 x 41 mm
- weight: 1.44kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
List of tables
List of figures
1. Introduction to signals
2. Signals and operations on signals
3. CT and DT systems
4. Time domain response of CT and DT LTI systems
5. Fourier series representation of periodic signals
6. Fourier transform representation of aperiodic signals
7. Laplace transforms
8. Z transform
9. Random signals and processes
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this resource is locked