Asymptotic Analysis in General Relativity
- Thierry Daudé, Université de Cergy-Pontoise
- Dietrich Häfner, Université Grenoble Alpes
- Jean-Philippe Nicolas, Université de Bretagne Occidentale
This volume compiles notes from four mini courses given at the summer school on asymptotic analysis in general relativity, held at the Institut Fourier in Grenoble, France. It contains an up-to-date panorama of modern techniques in the asymptotic analysis of classical and quantum fields in general relativity. Accessible to graduate students, these notes gather results that were not previously available in textbooks or monographs and will be of wider interest to researchers in general relativity. The topics of these mini courses are: the geometry of black hole spacetimes; an introduction to quantum field theory on curved spacetimes; conformal geometry and tractor calculus; and microlocal analysis for wave propagation.Read more
- Provides an up-to-date view of a field that has seen major developments in recent years
- The volume is accessible to graduate students
- The book will be of wider interest to researchers in general relativity
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2017
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781108501507
- contains: 30 b/w illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to modern methods for classical and quantum fields in general relativity Thierry Daudé, Dietrich Häfner and Jean-Philippe Nicolas
2. Geometry of black hole spacetimes Lars Andersson, Thomas Bäckdahl and Pieter Blue
3. An introduction to confirmal geometry and tractor calculus, with a view to applications in general relativity Sean N. Curry and A. Rod Gover
4. An introduction to quantum field theory on curved spacetimes Christian Gérard
5. A minicourse on microlocal analysis for wave propagation András Vasy.
Sorry, this resource is locked