In this book, originally published in 1959, Charles and Eleanor Raven provide the Jewish historical and religious background to the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, as well as evidence for Christ's historical existence. The book also includes overviews of the ministry and teaching of Jesus, as well as a breakdown of the stories and events specific to each gospel. This book will be of use to anyone seeking a simple overview of Gospel history and of the background to the events described in the first books of the New Testament.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: August 2013
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107621152
- length: 272 pages
- dimensions: 198 x 129 x 14 mm
- weight: 0.27kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Judaism in the time of our Lord
2. The evidence for the life and teaching of Christ
3. An outline of the ministry
4. The teaching of Jesus
1. The gospel according to St Mark
2. The gospel contained in the source commonly known as 'Q'
3. The gospel contained only in that according to St Luke
4. Teaching and parables contained only in the gospel according to St Matthew
5. Events of the ministry in the gospel according to St John.
Sorry, this resource is locked