An Introduction to the Kinetic Theory of Gases
$32.00 ( ) USD
Part of Cambridge Science Classics
- Author: James Jeans
Adobe eBook Reader
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book can be described as a student's edition of the author's Dynamical Theory of Gases. It is written, however, with the needs of the student of physics and physical chemistry in mind, and those parts of which the interest was mainly mathematical have been discarded. This does not mean that the book contains no serious mathematical discussion; the discussion in particular of the distribution law is quite detailed; but in the main the mathematics is concerned with the discussion of particular phenomena rather than with the discussion of fundamentals.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2011
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511891762
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
2. A Preliminary Survey
3. Pressure in a Gas
4. Collisions and Maxwell's Law
5. The Free Path in a Gas
6. Viscosity Conduction of Heat
8. General Theory of a Gas not in a Steady State
9. General Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics
10. Calorimetry and Molecular Structure.
Sorry, this resource is locked