Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The current state of English company law on minority shareholders' remedies is analyzed in the light of the UK Law Commission, further appraised and amplified by the Company Law Review Steering Group. The book covers the common law actions by exception to the Rule in Foss v Harbottle, and the statutory remedies by way of petition for unfair prejudice and/or just and equitable winding up. As well as considering the complexities of derivative actions and statutory minority remedies, Boyle discusses future directions for minority shareholders' remedies.Read more
- Includes a comparison with different approaches to minority proceedings in the UK, US, France and Germany, as well as the Commonwealth
- Takes into account the reforming work of the Law Commission, and in particular the Company Law Review Steering Committee
- Considers the relevance of law and economics theory
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521169455
- length: 168 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.26kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. The Rule in Foss v. Harbottle
2. Shareholder actions by exception to the rule
3. A new derivative action
4. The statutory minority remedies
5. Reforming the statutory remedies.
Sorry, this resource is locked